Florida and beaches go hand in hand.
With year-round sunshine and average temperatures in the seventies, it’s no wonder that people flock to the Sunshine State to escape the cold weather up north.
The less-than-average cooler weather makes it a great destination spot in the winter.
But of course, with so much to do, one cannot waste time on what to wear!
A trip to the beach calls for a swimsuit, but if you want to enjoy all that Florida has to offer, you’ll need more than just a bathing suit.
So, whether you’re packing for a vacation or just looking for some style inspiration, here is a guide on what to wear in Florida in January.
How is the Weather There in January?
First and foremost, you will want to pack for the weather.
The average temperature in Florida in January is a high of 72 degrees and a low of 50 degrees, so you’ll need to pack accordingly.
Be sure to pack plenty of light layers you can easily take on and off throughout the day.
A pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and a cardigan or light jacket should do the trick.
What to Wear in Florida in January?
Florida is one of those places that remains comparatively warmer even in the winter.
This is one of the reasons why it’s such a popular destination spot in the winter.
But, just because the temperatures are warmer doesn’t mean you can pack any old thing.
You do not need to pack extra layers for the holiday season, but a cardigan or light jacket should be in your suitcase for the evenings.
Moreover, the average temperature remains cooler but not cold, so it is pretty bearable even if you cover your body entirely with a full-sleeved shirt and jeans.
How to Dress up for Daytime Activities in Florida in January?
Plenty of activities keep you busy during the day in Florida.
From exploring the Everglades to taking a walk on the beach, there’s no shortage of things to do.
For daytime activities, stick to comfortable clothing that you can move around in easily.
A pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and a light sweater or jacket should be enough to keep you comfortable and warm (when needed).
Moreover, if you are spending time outdoors, be sure to pack a hat or visor to protect your face from the sun.
And don’t forget the sunscreen!
What to Wear for Evening Activities in Florida in January?
The evenings can be cool in Florida, so pack a light sweater or jacket for the evenings.
If you’re planning on going out to dinner or taking in the nightlife, you may want to dress up more than you would during the day.
A nice pair of pants or a skirt with a blouse or sweater would be perfect for an evening out.
Just be sure to pack a light jacket or sweater to keep you warm.
Florida is a great destination spot in the winter, and with so much to do, you’re sure to find something to suit your interests.
Be sure to pack accordingly, and you’re sure to have a great time.
How to Pack for the Trip?
Of course, you’ll want to pack your swimsuit!
But if you want to enjoy all that Florida has to offer, you should also pack the following items:
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking on your trip, so be sure to pack a comfortable pair of shoes.
- A hat or visor: The sun can be strong in Florida, so be sure to pack a hat or visor to protect your face from the sun.
- Sunscreen: Don’t forget the sunscreen! Be sure to apply it liberally throughout the day, especially if you’ll be spending time outdoors.
- Sunglasses: A pair of sunglasses is a must in Florida. Not only will they protect your eyes from the sun, but they’ll also help you keep your cool.
- A cover-up: A beach cover-up is a must for any trip to the beach. Whether you prefer a dress, a skirt, or shorts, be sure to pack something to cover up your swimsuit.
- A light sweater or jacket: As mentioned before, the weather can be cool in Florida in January, so be sure to pack a light sweater or jacket for the evenings.
Things to Do in Florida in January
There are plenty of things to do in Florida in January. Here are just a few ideas:
- Take a walk on the beach: There’s nothing quite like taking a stroll on the beach, and with Florida’s warmer temperatures, you can do just that in January.
- Visit the Everglades: The Everglades is a must-see when in Florida. Take an airboat ride through the wetlands and get up close and personal with some local wildlife.
- Explore a state park: There are plenty of state parks to explore in Florida. Take a hike, go for a swim, or just take in the scenery.
- Visit an amusement park: Florida is home to some of the best amusement parks in the country. If you’re looking for a thrill, be sure to visit one of the state’s many theme parks.
- Take a cruise: What better way to see Florida than from the water? Plenty of cruises depart from Florida’s ports, so be sure to book one for your trip.
No matter what you’re looking for, you will find it in Florida in January!
Packing Right for the Trip is the Key to Entertainment!
When the monotonous routine gets to you, planning a getaway to Florida is all you need to recharge and re-energize!
As you start planning for the trip, don’t forget the basics that will make your journey more comfortable.
Find out about the weather in January beforehand so that you can make a packing list accordingly.
Once you leave for the vacation, you wouldn’t want to worry about things you could have taken care of before leaving.