When it comes to online eyewear, Frames Direct is one of the most popular online eyewear retailers in the USA and abroad.
This company sells a range of eyewear products, including eyeglasses, contact lenses, and sunglasses, through its website.
Its products are both brand-name and designer eyewear products.
On the Frames Direct website, you will find 110,000 models displayed, from which you can pick and choose whichever frame suits your needs.
However, an important question is always raised with all online platforms: Is it legit?
Do not worry. If you’re looking to purchase eyewear from this website but aren’t sure of its authenticity, we will help.
In this article, we will discuss Frames Direct, its history, and whether it is a legit platform or not. We hope it will help!
As we discussed earlier, Frames Direct is an online eyewear retailer.
Its parent company is Essilor International, a French-based international ophthalmic optics company that designs, manufactures, and markets lenses to correct and protect eyesight.
Frames Direct is known for being a reputable designer prescription glasses seller that is also affordable and cheap.
You can get your glasses directly instead of going to an optometrist to get your eyesight checked!
Frames Direct has been recognized by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the MassMutual Financial Group and has received a Blue Chip Enterprise Award.
In 2000, for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, this company was pronounced as one of the finalists.
Frames Direct sells over 400 brand names which include famous brands like Ray-Ban, Micheal Kors, Gucci, and Oakley.
All these you can get at just a fraction of the price you might pay if you purchased it from any other store.
Consumers search for whichever brand they want and purchase whatever they desire on the company’s website.
Through the website, one has the liberty to choose their frames, prescription glasses, plain sunglasses, and even contact lens refills. You can find frames in any conceivable color, style, or shape.
Now, once you choose your desired frames, you go through a three-step process through which you can choose the lens type, thickness, and optional enhancement features.
Through this website, you can also contact certified opticians through online chatting or video call, and you can decide which eyewear would be the best for you.
Through the system, you can also see frames in various models showcasing different face shapes, or you can upload your picture, and you will be able to see how the frames look on your face.
Founded in 1996, this popular retailer is based in Houston, Texas.
Its Co-founders, Dhavid Cooper, OD, and Guy Hodgson, are originally from South Africa but moved to the US, where they had several optometry practices.
Following their move, they founded Frames Direct and launched FramesDirect.com later that year.
In 2010, Essilor bought the greatest shares in FramesDirect.com and partnered with the company to form an online service by the name of MyOpticalOnline, which allows independent eyewear practices to sell their products online.
Frames Direct prides itself on being one of the first companies to sell progressive lenses, contact lenses, and prescription sunglasses online.
Scouring the internet, we have browsed through 26,264 reviews, out of which 80% of the reviews are positive.
Most of the customers claim the company sells glasses with the greatest quality, best prescription glasses.
Many also praised the customer service and fast shipping.
It does not matter what type of glasses you’re looking for.
Be it a single vision, bifocal, progressive no-line, multifocal, or reading lenses, this online retailer has you covered!
One of its attributes is anti-reflective technology.
You can trust FrameDirect to deliver you the best quality products, and if you do not like them, you can always return your order within 30 days of your purchase as long as you don’t damage the product itself.
Below, we have listed different things you can expect when buying eyewear from Frames Direct:
- It is an out-of-network provider for most vision insurance plans. This means that you can submit your prescription eyewear or contact lens purchase for reimbursement through your vision insurance provider.
- It accepts all major credit cards, including Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
- It ships products worldwide! Be sure to use the International Shipping Express.
- You can return/exchange your order for any reason, but it has to be during the 30-day limit. The damage to frames or lenses caused by a defect in the manufacturing process is covered by their warranty.
- You can get to choose from a wide variety of eyewear, and you can also get help from certified opticians!
- When you order, your order- if it is non-prescription eyewear or contact lenses- is likely to arrive in 4-7 business days (this is limited to US customers). However, for the prescription eyewear, you can expect it to arrive in 11-14 days.
- If your order is flagged and does not pass the company’s quality control inspection, it will be placed on the backorder and will take longer than the estimated time that is provided on the company’s website.
- You can also use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings to purchase prescription glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses.
This company is one of the most well-known companies in the market, credited for their high-quality eyewear- prescription and non-prescription- and they have a big customer base from both the US and abroad.
When it comes to this brand’s legitimacy, we have found that it is quite reputable for its originality, and many of its eyewear products are sought after as many people have purchased and liked them.
Of the reviews, we also found some negative ones, but with big companies such as Frames Direct, you are bound to find them.
However, through our research, we also found that 80% of the reviews were positive.
Thus we believe that this online eyewear website is worth the time and money, and it is indeed legit!