If you are into hippie culture or are big on spiritualism and the effect of nature and minerals on everyday life, Earthbound Trading Company has you covered.
It’s a place where you can explore your true self, and be among other free-spirited, adventurous souls like yourself.
Earthbound had its humble beginnings as a rock and mineral shop founded by Suzana and Steve Gordon. It has now expanded into a worldwide collection of unconventional, native fashion styles, out-of-the-box gifts, and spiritual home decor.
Apart from the items mentioned above, Earthbound’s poster product has its unique selling point has been its inexhaustible supply of genuine, mesmerising crystals.
Earthbound believes that crystals help establish a spiritual connection between yourself and Mother Earth.
If kept upon your person at all times, or placed in your residence, crystals help cultivate and amplify the positive vibes emanating from your body, while also giving off their own energy based upon the intention of use you have binded to it.
Citrine is a crystal used to help creative thinkers generate fresh ideas and aid them in implementing them and bringing them to reality. It is thought to bring mental clarity and improve your flow of thoughts.
Earthbound says they sell only the best and 100% natural Citrine crystals. It is quite easy to distinguish them from fake crystals. Natural Citrine crystals all have these parameters common amongst them:
- A constant and straight crystal shape
- Clarity in appearance
- No white base
- Uniform colour
- Red hematite at base
To differentiate them with fake crystals is simple with these in mind. Baked Citrine has a noticeable orange colour and a pure white base. It makes it look more like a stone instead of a crystal.
For those that believe in their powers, crystal healing is a vital form of meditation to cleanse one’s soul and mind.
They help bring balance in their lives and give direction towards a meaningful and content lifestyle.
This is why in today’s world it has become even more important for people to know whether a crystal is real or not.
Here are few ways to avoid taking the wrong crystal home:
- Weird name – That’s right. The weirder the name is, chances are the crystal isn’t real. Names such as aqua aura quartz or strawberry quartz are often made from glass or dyed quartz.
- Colour saturation – A dark royal colour doesn’t necessarily mean a real natural crystal. This is intentionally done to lure customers who aren’t well aware. Even bright shades can be misleading. True crystals will have a gentle light lemon like colour.
- A perfect symmetrical shape – Yes it looks appealing but perfectly symmetrical crystals or gems are rare in nature. Each crystal with its own flaws and shapes which makes it unique from the rest.
- Glass like appearance – A clear crystal without a blot or impurity is likely to be glass quartz. A good judgement to make is in the weight. Crystals are way heavier than glass.
- Air bubbles – You will need a magnifying glass for this one. If you do spot air bubbles, then you are indeed holding a fake gem. True crystal may have flaws but will never have air bubbles.
Malachite is amongst the most popular crystals sold at Earthbound due to its spiritual cleansing and healing properties. However, it is also amongst the most easily faked crystals around the world.
Naturally made from weathered copper deposits, the fake ones can be made even from clay!
While Earthbound says they sell only natural reconstituted malachite, let’s take a look at how to spot the fake ones:
- Cost – Real Malachite tends to be expensive, coupled with the rest of the parameters can aid in making a good overall judgement.
- Colour and design – Real Malachite tend to have a soft and pale green colour to very dark greens blending very smoothly with black stripes.
They come in various arrangements of swirls, stripes and rings.
The fake ones tend to have a very bright noticeable green and the stripes causing differentiation in colours is very visible rather than subtle.
The first step in choosing a crystal for yourself is to craft an intention for yourself that is in complete sync with your identity and purpose in this world.
An intention is defined as the image you want to project to the rest of the world, how you want to live your life and how you choose to conduct yourself around your peers and friends.
From healing, creativity, abundance and money to love, intuition, awakening and cleansing. Earthbound looks to solve all these problems one might have.
Thus, they have a wide array of crystals on sale to choose from.
Here’s a list of all the crystals currently being sold:
- Black Obsidian
- Black Tourmaline
- Clear Quartz
- Green Aventurine
- Lava Stone
- Rose Quartz
- Smoky Quartz
- Tiger’s Eye
Earthbound has been in operation for the better part of 20 years, and it has cultivated a strong and loyal niche of buyers who swear by their products.
Thus, it is safe to assume that the products are pure and have a high degree of finish and finesse in their crystalline structure.
The crystals Earthbound sells emit concentrated bouts of positive energy, which are bound to brighten up your day and help you wade through the swamps of everyday life with a new skip in your step.
And even if you are not sure, you could always follow the many steps outlined above to try and distinguish between the real crystal and the forgeries.